Thursday, May 16, 2013

YIIP Assignment #1

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Karla Williams and I am an International Studies student at Glendon College.   I am technically in my 3rd year but I have a degree in English from the University of Ottawa and am considered a "transfer student."  I am interning, along with Claire, at the Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF) in Basseterre, St. Kitts.

I'm never formal so I figure this post shouldn't be.  So, here it goes...

I love to travel and talking about it nearly as much.
I work incessantly but am ready for a break and looking forward to running on "Caribbean Time."

I love to look.  That sounds creepy, but if I could have an extra pair of eyes, or 4, I would.  There's so much beauty and excitement in the everyday and I want to take it all in.

I can be a bit of an awkward introvert at times.

I am MADLY in love with my animals.

I will try anything; sometimes more than once.

I like things that scare me or make me a bit uncomfortable, and I will never ever turn down an opportunity to learn. The two kind of go hand in hand.



I laugh every day.

I'm learning french, and I'm terrible at it. Mais, mais je vais continuer à apprendre parce je l'aime.

If I can help, I always will.

I refuse to be bored.

I have unreasonably good people in my life, and am so thankful for them.

I love photos of animal pairs that would never meet each other in the wild.


I have a perpetual feeling of guilt over all that I have compared to what the rest of the world does.

I love books that make me cry.

I adore the ocean and cannot wait to stare at it every day for three months. 


I believe, and always will, that people are inherently good.

I act and sometimes dress like someone 3 times my age; I am an old lady at heart. Hopefully as cool as this granny.

& finally...

I hope that this post, much like the rest of my life, was sufficiently random :)

1 comment: