Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Final Countdown

Twenty minutes from now the countdown will have officially begun.  I will be leaving for St. Kitts in exactly a week.

 It hasn't hit me yet; I'm spending the summer working and living in the Caribbean!  I'm trying, like I have for the majority of my travels, to enter this experience with no expectations.  But, because this trip is different, because I'll be working for a local organization and living in one place for the entirety of my trip I can't help but hope for an easy transition...and maybe air conditioning.  

I have a million questions about what to expect, where I'll be living, what kind of work I'll be doing, what I should bring, what I shouldn't, and what I can do to prepare for it all...but, whether my questions are answered or not I'll be touching down in Basseterre at 2:30 p.m. Friday May 10, and my hair will double in size approximately 30 seconds later.  Those two things I know for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment